Our 32nd DBN party was held on Wednesday, October 30th, 2013 at the VFS Café.
What an amazing event to end the year on. More people came to this event than any other in the history of Draw By Night. I do think it had a lot to do with our special game designer guests. The theme of the night was Haunted Video Games and we had a few indie game designers present their games to the DBN crowd. We had the following games presented throughout the night:
- Strange Eden: a fast-paced 3D platformer that takes place in a mysterious city in the sky. Players take control of Ida Dumont, the inventor of the world’s first magnetic flying machine. She must skillfully swap her suit’s polarity to slide or bounce off of various surfaces in order to reach the crashed ship at the top of the city and find her missing husband, August.
- String Theory: a 3rd person adventure game where you play as ‘Patches’ a surly repairman who must save his people from destruction by sewing up tears in the very fabric of the world itself.
- Sweet Escape: a 3rd person action/puzzle game where you play as a crane operator trying to guide a swarm of living candy through a dangerous vending machine
- Inkling:Failure is just the beginning – Inkling is a 2.5D side-scrolling platformer where players control two failed experiments, Eli and Elli. Elli can create gravity defying platforms that Eli can use to navigate the world by launching himself at high speeds. Players must use this ability to help the two inky experiments escape their creator’s castle while avoiding many hazardous obstacles.
- Saturday Pirate Night:The Sea Road Party! Saturday Pirate Night is a 2.5D side-scrolling shooting game where you can blast your sea enemies, perform cool stunts moves, and sail crossing 3 unique levels while listen to Rock/Disco songs.
Thanks so much everyone for coming and making this such a great party and great event. It’s so great to see so many new faces alongside the dedicated few who have been to so many of these parties. I hope everyone has a great end to their year and I hope to see you at the next party.